Dairy Science and Food Technology Homepage
Home  Cheese starters Donate support Site  Probiotics Cheese yield  Cheese quality Cheese science  Italian cheese Anti-microbial  proteins  Phages Primary production  Ice cream Wine Calculators  Harvard referencing  Packaging  Jobs
Forum Home Forum Home > Ice cream > Ice cream
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Making a all dry Ice cream mix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
formula123 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making a all dry Ice cream mix
    Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 5:27pm
Welcome to the forum Grace. I am aware of several powdered ice cream mix products. However I have no personal experience of how good these are and cannot recommend a product. Hopefully someone viewing the forum may be able to help?

I have experience of using UHT-treated liquid ice cream mixes and found them to produce excellent ice cream. I can send you more information using the PM system if you wish.

Sponsored Links

grace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 9:42pm
Hi,

Is there a high quality dry ice cream mix (milk based) out there?  Does it taste like the ice cream made with liquid ice cream mix?

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Grace
Peterm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peterm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 11:14pm
Try cream powder !

Hamish wrote:
Hi
I have been making ice cream with around 12% fat 9% MSNF
I have all my mix calculations for the ice cream so understand how to calculate mixtures well. My issue is i have been asked to create a all dry mix that a person can just add water and the flavor ingredients into then churn.... well age pasteurize etc... My issue is what to use to build up the fat content! currently we use full cream milk powder with 25% fat and would use full fresh cream and other liquid ingredients to get to the desired fat and MSNF%. what can be used in a powdered form to bring up the fat contents?

Hope you can help..
Regards
Hamish
[/quoted]

michael View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 11:13pm
High fat milk powders e.g. cream powder of 42% fat and above are commercially available. There are a number of reputable suppliers. This may solve your problem.

If you are stuck for a supplier and work in the UK or Ireland I may be able to help.

Hamish View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 11:13pm
Hi
I have been making ice cream with around 12% fat 9% MSNF
I have all my mix calculations for the ice cream so understand how to calculate mixtures well. My issue is i have been asked to create a all dry mix that a person can just add water and the flavor ingredients into then churn.... well age pasteurize etc... My issue is what to use to build up the fat content! currently we use full cream milk powder with 25% fat and would use full fresh cream and other liquid ingredients to get to the desired fat and MSNF%. what can be used in a powdered form to bring up the fat contents?

Hope you can help..
Regards
Hamish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic