Dairy Science and Food Technology Homepage
Home  Cheese starters Donate support Site  Probiotics Cheese yield  Cheese quality Cheese science  Italian cheese Anti-microbial  proteins  Phages Primary production  Ice cream Wine Calculators  Harvard referencing  Packaging  Jobs
Forum Home Forum Home > Cheese quality > Cheese quality
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inert gas packing of Pizza cheese

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
formula123 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inert gas packing of Pizza cheese
    Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 12:23am
Most customers/buyers define how shredded Mozarella should be packed. You either comply or loose their business. That is why you are packaging using nitrogen. It is also more expensive than vacuum packaging.

You are familiar with the mechanical (compression) effects of vacuum packaging and clearly understand that this can cause the individual particles to join together; not desirable. Many buyers will not want this to happen.

Replacing vacuum packaging with gas packaging can reduce the particles fusing together.

However gas packaging has the other benefits also that I have mentioned.
Sponsored Links

vimlesh007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vimlesh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 5:12am
No sir........

Actually I was/am looking for most important reason to go for "mozzarella shread/dice" in inert gas packaging.

In our case it is important to keep packet puffy and ofcourse to make paket puffy only inert gases can be used.(ofcourse inert gas will provide other benefits)

lol...Thanks....well pls comment further
Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:52pm
It is clear that there several reasons for the nitrogen packaging!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vimlesh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 12:40pm
Thank you very much for welcome reply/response.
We pack 2 kg of shread/dice pizza cheese in Poly pack using nitrogen, as we pack potato chips. My question was that why don't we simply vacuum pack. Because we used to vacuum pack cheddar cheese and achieve same result of protecting our product.
Well I have got an answer but i don't know how much is exactly.
And my ans is: When we pack with inert gas, the pack becomes puffy and it doesnot allow to form big lumps or a singles lump of dice/shreaded pizza cheese, which gives ease to be used by pizzeria.
Please comment.
Regards,
Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 5:40pm
Welcome to the forum.
The inert gas packaging system you mention would be expected to give lower residual oxygen concentrations and enhanced shelf life. Cheese is also often 'gas-packed' for similar reasons- see http://www.dairyscience.info/packaging-/118-map-major-foods.html#0 .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vimlesh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 11:16am
We used to make Pizza Cheese dice and shread. After shreading/dicing we pack in poly pack using Nitrogen.
I want to know why do we inert gas pack shred/dice pizza cheese and not simply vacuum pack. On the other hand cheddar cheese block is vacuum packed only
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic