Dairy Science and Food Technology Homepage
Home  Cheese starters Donate support Site  Probiotics Cheese yield  Cheese quality Cheese science  Italian cheese Anti-microbial  proteins  Phages Primary production  Ice cream Wine Calculators  Harvard referencing  Packaging  Jobs
Forum Home Forum Home > Harvard referencing > Harvard referencing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Updates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
formula123 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updates
    Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 11:46pm
Three new wizards have been added. These enable:

Chapters in unedited books;
Figures in an unedited books;
and Film, documentary or DVD movies

to be cited correctly.

There are now 50 wizards covering virtually all reference or citation types.

I am prepared to add more if there is sufficient demand.
Sponsored Links

Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 11:05pm
Two wizards for citing UK government papers / circulars have been added to the Harvard Reference Generator.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 10:52am

Four wizards to cover a wide range of working paper citations have been added. Working Papers are pre-publication versions of evolving policy documents, economic proposals, consultations, academic articles, book chapters, or reviews. Note that the software requires the month of issue to be added. If you do not have the month, add one and remove before you paste the paper into your reference list.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 6:43pm
I received the query below this afternoon:

"Hello, when citing an electronic book the wizard doesn't"t put the URL into these < > parenthesis. According to other Harvard style guides is it supposed to be so."

Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:03pm

I have received a request to reference software downloaded from a website. The website also provides the software on CD ROM.

I am not sure if there is much demand for a reference wizard for this particular application but we will see.

In the meantime I suggest you start by referencing the author of the website, the date the download page was created (if known, if not known you might wish to use the copyright date information). Then state the name of the software downloaded followed by a statement "downloaded" from "name of the website" followed by the URL and the download date. You might also wish to use a similar format to the website citations used on the Harvard referencing applications on this site.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 7:03pm
I acknowledge receipt of  a request for how  a book translated from another language should be cited. 

UPDATED 30th NOVEMBER 

I have added a reference wizard for a translated book to the Harvard-style Reference List Writer (access requires login). It will also be added to the main Harvard Reference Generator over the next week or so.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 8:16pm
I confirm that I have received a request on how to "reference information taken from a planning application".  I will add a wizard for doing this when I next update the reference wizard. There are several ways of doing this. All / most  include citing the following information:

Subject / Title of application:
Application number:
Name of Planning Department:
Date submitted or approved:
michael View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by michael michael wrote:

Two requests on how to

1) reference an image from a book

and

2) how to reference a brochure have been received. Thank you.

My initial response is that you should be able to adapt the existing wizards to reference both sources.

I have not had similar requests but will consider how to respond.

See response below.

I will add wizards to produce these references over the next week or so.
michael View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 3:27pm
Requests for Gartner research publications and seminars noted.

The existing wizards could be adapted to reference seminars so I will do this when I update wizards.

NOTE!!! Over the last few years there has only been one request for help in referencing Gartner research publications!

michael View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 3:27pm
YouTube video wizard has been added.
michael View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 3:26pm
New wizards for TV broadcasts and law reports/judgments have been added.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic