Dairy Science and Food Technology Homepage
Home  Cheese starters Donate support Site  Probiotics Cheese yield  Cheese quality Cheese science  Italian cheese Anti-microbial  proteins  Phages Primary production  Ice cream Wine Calculators  Harvard referencing  Packaging  Jobs
Forum Home Forum Home > Harvard referencing > Harvard referencing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Referencing questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
formula123 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Referencing questions
    Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 11:01pm
Use of angle brackets in URLs.

I have reflected on this post and have added the angle brackets back to the Ebook wizard.
There has been an Internet-tradition of quoting URLs in angle brackets e.g. <URL> and this convention is generally accepted. While this is changing, I have decided to retain angle brackets in the wizards on this site. Thanks again for the Email.

Sponsored Links

michael View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 3:28pm
Good evening.

Sorry I cannot help with the F grade. Suggest you look at your course regulations and see if you might have grounds for an appeal. But see below. If a Wikipedia source is critical to your thesis then good luck with your appeal!

Some teachers/academics believe that Wikipedia is not a reliable information source and may 'force' their values on others particularly students resulting in low or fail marks being given to work supported by citations from this source.

I know of situations where some academics have attempted to block web access to Wilkipedia.

I do not have time to fully explain why these strong feelings exist but this is well documented.

Hence students must use Wikipedia with caution and under no circumstances should it be the only citation used to justify an argument, stance or view. It is not reliable enough to be used as the only source.

However Wikipedia does have strengths and its open source nature means that it is freely available to users.
jen27 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jen27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 3:27pm
Hi

I have been tld to cut all Wikipedia cites from my essay. I c u have a ref wizrd for wikis. My friend has got an F for term paper with Wikipedia refs. Whayt is the issue & is it fair to get the F?

This is a huge issue 4 us

michael View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 3:25pm
Course Notes from an independent training organisation. Assuming that these are in a booklet, I recommend that you treat the notes as though they have been taken from a book or journal. If lecture notes refer to them in a similar way to traditional student notes but refer to the training organisation as the educational institution.

These have been noted. Hopefully the above hints will help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic