Dairy Science and Food Technology Homepage
Home  Cheese starters Donate support Site  Probiotics Cheese yield  Cheese quality Cheese science  Italian cheese Anti-microbial  proteins  Phages Primary production  Ice cream Wine Calculators  Harvard referencing  Packaging  Jobs
Forum Home Forum Home > Preservation of raw milk using the LP system > Preservation of raw milk using the LP system
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Purpose of LP raw milk forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
formula123 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Purpose of LP raw milk forum
    Posted: 19 Feb 2012 at 10:29pm
Please use this forum to post comment queries on the use of the LP system for preserving raw milk when refrigeration / heat treatment are not available.

I was part of the original IDF group that considered the scientific evidence* for the effectiveness of the LP system for preserving raw milk, the safety of this natural preservation system and the ethics of using it in situations where refrigeration and heat treatment were
not available.

I have no commercial interest in any company manufacturing or promoting the use of LP activators.

From the host of Emails that are now being sent to me for comment it would seem that there is concern about the ethics of adding LP activators to milk in developing countries when this is not practiced in developed countries; questions about the potential for abuse have also been raised.

I am content to provide a dispassionate and rational forum for some of this discussion.
Dr Michael Mullan
* Code of practice for preservation of raw milk by lactoperoxidase system. International Dairy Federation. Brussels (Belgium). FIL/IDF No. 234/1988.
Sponsored Links

formula123 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 9:50pm
I have received several requests for information on how to activate the Lp-system in raw milk in developing countries. To avoid having to respond to individual queries I will try and deal with these requests here. 
One option is to use a commercial product called STABILAX. STABILAX provides additional  thiocyanate and a hydrogen peroxide donor, sodium percarbonate, in easy-to-use sachets.
Lp-system activation is achieved by using two sachets of STABILAX product, one of STABILAX1 and a further sachet of STABILAX2  per 50 Litres of milk. STABILAX has wide spread international approval and is manufactured in Nicaragua.  Phone: (+505) 8408-5456 / (+505) 2311 - 2989.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 He recibido varias solicitudes de información sobre cómo activar el sistema LP en la leche cruda en los países en desarrollo. Para evitar tener que responder a las preguntas individuales Voy a tratar de hacer frente a estas peticiones aquí.
Una opción es utilizar un producto comercial llamado STABILAX. STABILAX ofrece tiocianato adicionales y un donante de peróxido de hidrógeno, percarbonato de sodio, de fácil de usar sobres.

Lp-sistema de activación se logra mediante el uso de dos bolsas de productos STABILAX, uno de STABILAX1 y una bolsita más de 50 litros por STABILAX2 de leche. STABILAX tiene una amplia difusión internacional de homologación y se manufactured en Nicaragu por AKSA Inversión, El Viejo, Chinandega. Teléfono: (+505) 8408-5456 / (+505) 2311 - 2989. C
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic