Dairy Science and Food Technology Homepage
Home  Cheese starters Donate support Site  Probiotics Cheese yield  Cheese quality Cheese science  Italian cheese Anti-microbial  proteins  Phages Primary production  Ice cream Wine Calculators  Harvard referencing  Packaging  Jobs
Forum Home Forum Home > Site calculators and spreadsheet queries > Spreadsheet and site calculators
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Soft Serve Formulation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
formula123 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote formula123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Soft Serve Formulation
    Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 11:57pm
Thank you for this post.

This spreadsheet uses the serum point method to undertake the calculations. The condensed milk is being used as a concentrated source of MSNF.

The amount of condensed milk calculated depends on the MSNF you select as a target.

What is your target MSNF?

Please complete the spreadsheet and Email it to me and I will get back to you.
Sponsored Links

HappyEndingsLDN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyEndingsLDN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 12:32pm
Hi There 

Im looking for some help with my soft serve formulation. Ive just downloaded the Pack 4 which has Sweetened condensed milk, cream, milk and SMP. Rather than making the formulation im wondering if there is a way to swap the calculation around in the spreadsheet to use less of the SCM and more milk and cream. 

The spreadsheet works it out in a way that has quite a large amount of sweetened condensed milk (main ingredient rather than it just being a lesser ingredient. ) 

sorry if this doesnt make sense

Basically i want to create a soft serve that uses a little condensed milk and evaporated milk to enhance the soft serve. Ive found it works really nicely in it. 

So id like it to be  Approx 5 - 6% milk fat made up of Full Fat Milk, Double Cream, Condensed Milk, Evap Milk
Sugar 13% ish (made up of condensed milk and sugar / dextrose)
NMFS 13% /( made up of the dairy and SMP

Maybe that will help with understanding what im talking about. 

Thanks

Terri 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic