Dairy Science and Food Technology Homepage
Home  Cheese starters Donate support Site  Probiotics Cheese yield  Cheese quality Cheese science  Italian cheese Anti-microbial  proteins  Phages Primary production  Ice cream Wine Calculators  Harvard referencing  Packaging  Jobs
Forum Home Forum Home > Food infections and intoxications > Food infections and intoxications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Candida/Cheese/Concerns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MrCage View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Candida/Cheese/Concerns
    Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 10:44am
Thank You, I have responded with PM.
Sponsored Links

michael View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 10:43am
Localised Candida infections along with the associated pain/discomfort are well characterised and I am not aware of any refereed scientific publications that suggest that these conditions might be worsened by eating cheese. I will send you a private message re this matter.
MrCage View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 10:43am
I was forwarded a question that falls out of my area. I was hoping to get some thoughts for this forum. I am going to copy and paste the note below: I wouldn't think that their should be any negative relationship between typical starter(lactococcus/streptococcus/lactobacillus) and a yeast infection but I wanted some support prior to ansering.

Thanks in advance.

I got a consumer question today re. cheese that I couldn’t answer, and thought you might be able to send me in the right direction. She has high levels of candida in her body which is manifesting as chronic yeast infections, and she is on Nystatin (an antifungal) for it. Both her homeopathic doctor and a dietitian have advised her to stay away from all cheese due to the fermentation process which can exacerbate the infection. Have you ever heard of that as a remedy?

Are there cheeses that she can eat, or does she need to avoid all of them?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic