Dr Nupur Goyal is a faculty member in the Biotechnology Department, Institute of science and Technology, ICFAI Tech University, Dehradun, India.
Development of probiotic whey based oral rehydrating solution and assessment of its therapeutic efficacy in a murine model.
• Nupur Goyal and D.N. Gandhi.(2008). Metabolic properties of lactobacilli strains in Indian paneer whey and their inhibitory effects on Salmonella enteritidis. Milchwissenschaft. Accepted for publication.
• Nupur Goyal and D.N. Gandhi.(2006). Combinational approach of Lactobacillus spp and Oral Rehydrating Solution for rapid control of diarrhoea. Indian Journal of Microbiology. 46(3): 253-258.
• Nupur Goyal Mamta Raghav and Hittu Gupta.(2008). DNA cancer vaccines: A strategy against cancer in "Recent Advances in Biotechnology".
• Mamta Raghav, Nupur Goyal and Hittu Gupta. (year). “Stem Cell therapy: a regenerative medicine in Plant tissue culture and Biotechnology", Jaipur, India.
• Hittu Gupta, Nupur Goyal and Mamta Raghav.(2006). Nanotechnology in "Plant Tissue Culture and Biotechnology", Jaipur, India.
Presentations at Conferences
• Nupur Goyal and D.N. Gandhi “Selection of probiotic Lactobacillus spp for the development of a biotherapeutic oral rehydration solution” at 46th Annual Conference of Association of Microbiologist of India (AMI)
• Nupur Goyal and D.N. Gandhi had presented paper entitled “Survival of probiotic Lactobacillus in paneer whey” at National symposium on New Horizon in Fermentation and Food Biotechnology-2006
• Nupur Goyal and D.N. Gandhi “In vitro inhibition of Salmonella enteritidis MTCC3219 by probiotic Lactobacillus spp” at 47th Annual Conference of Association of Microbiologist of India (AMI).
• Nupur Goyal and Kalpana Dixit received BEST POSTER award on paper entitled: “Polythene Waste Management: Potential role of microorganisms” at National Environment Awareness Campaign (NEAC), 2006-07
• Nupur Goyal and D.N. Gandhi “Standardization of whey for the development of Bio-Oral Rehydrating Solution (ORS)”.Oral Presentation at International Conference on Traditional Dairy Foods (ICDTF), Karnal’07, India.
2003-2007: Ph.D. National Dairy Research Institute, India (Microbiology) 2000-2002: M.Sc. Kurukshetra University, India (Microbiology)
Presently working at the Faculty in Biotechnology at ICFAI Tech University, Dehradun.
Lectureship in Food Microbiology at the Department of Food and Nutrition, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, India (2002-2003).