Preparing for Food Safety and Quality Audits – a practical approach.
An interactive Food Safety Management Workshop.
6th and 7th March 2019, at University College Cork
Introduction. Note the change of date to the 6th and 7th March 2019
Food safety and quality audits are a fact of life for all food business operators. Multiple audits are a frequent occurrence in a single production year, as companies need to demonstrate compliance with requirements from different customers, regulatory inspectors, and standards bodies.
Planning and preparing for a food safety audit takes time, resources and know-how. Several members of staff are often involved, especially if the food business is supplying to retailers, exporting, or preparing for accreditation to standards such as the BRC Global Standard in Food Safety, ISO 22000, or Bord Bia Quality Assurance Standards.
The aim of this two-day workshop is to help personnel to plan and prepare for food safety and quality audits and to engage effectively with auditors. A practical approach will be taken during the workshop, counting down from when the audit preparations start, right up to the day of the food safety audit, and afterwards to ensure close-out.
The workshop speakers will include a food business owner, a food safety manager, and third party food safety auditors who have a combined wealth of expertise in food safety management across different types of food production, as well as in food safety auditing, food production, and retail. The speakers are knowledgeable on the challenging requirements of different types of customers, regulations and standards.
The workshop will increase confidence in facing important food safety audits and will help food companies to positively influence the outcome of the audit.
Who should attend?
Those in a food business operation who are responsible for preparing for food safety and quality audits and interacting with auditors. The workshop will be of interest to newcomers, as well as experienced personnel, in the following roles:
- Technical managers
- Food safety and quality managers
- Quality assurance personnel
- HACCP team members
- Production personnel involved in audit planning and preparation
- Product developers and R&D personnel
- Senior personnel who need to engage with experts in food safety management
The workshop will focus on
- Requirements of food safety and quality audits
- Expectations of the external food safety auditor
- Audit preparation and priorities in the months before the audit
- Critical food safety documentation
- Critical food safety practices
- Internal audits and system reviews
- What to do in the weeks leading up to the audit
- What to do on the day of the audit
- How to follow up on the audit and manage the outcome
For further information and registration please contact:
Dr Angela Sheehan
Food Industry Training Unit
School of Food and Nutritional Sciences
College of Science, Engineering and Food Science
University College Cork
Telephone:00 353 21 4901423
Web Site: www.ucc.ie/en/fitu